The work is slow, deep and penetrating but not to be mistaken as ‘sustaining deep pressure throughout a full-body session’ as this would cause injury. The therapist may use a great deal of pressure that will not cause pain but may cause momentary discomfort in the relief of deep muscle tension and spasms.
The application of this intensive focused work is located below the surface of the top muscles, reaching the fibrous tissue and therefore works well as a complimentary therapy for Fibromyalgia.
Deep tissue massage employs a set of techniques and strokes to achieve a high measure of pain relief and is more commonly used for problems such as stiff necks, lower back tightness, stiff and sore shoulders.
Benefits of Deep Tissue include:
- Eases stiff and tense muscles and reduces muscle spasms
- Relieves stress and physical distress.
- Reduces chronic and consistent pain
- Reduces symptoms of tendonitis
- Aids recovery of physical injury; whiplash and falls
- Improves fluid circulation in specified areas and so reduces localised pain
- Helps with restricted movements by reducing the thickening of fascia, tendons, and ligaments
- Aids creaky joints
- Improves mobility and ease of movement
- Repetitive strain injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Can prevent skeletal problems
- Improves symptoms of Fibromyalgia by releasing myofascia
- Helps improve posture
“I went for a deep tissue massage. Ameena really caters for your needs and her massages really help release all your stress. I highly recommend you go for massage, a Tranquility massage.” -Maharun, Shadwell
Talk to us about your needs and you can be sure your time with us will not be wasted.