Swedish Massage can be referred to as ‘classic massage’ and is the most common type of massage. The primary goal of this treatment is to relax the entire body which makes it perfect for a first time massage. The technique adopts the use of five basic strokes; effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber) and vibration or shaking which are used to enhance the flow of blood returning to the heart, remove waste from tissue, and stretch ligaments and tendons.
Added to this are the more recently developed techniques such as holding, feathering, compression, and other passive movements which will further promote relaxation whilst re-establishing energy flow through the body.
The long flow of stroking movements warm up the muscles to help release tension and gradually breaks down any ‘knots’ that may be found in your body whilst at the same time the soothing sensation can relieve you of any physical and emotional tension.
Benefits of Massage:
- Helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness
- Can shorten the recovery time of intense exercise
- Helps with pain management of sciatica,
- Helps reduce painful symptom of arthritis
- Improves function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Facilitates the delivery of oxygen and nutrients by assisting venous flow
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves concentration
- Stimulates the lymphatic system so helps the body to rid toxins
- Strengthens immune system, so can help fight colds and flu
- Reduces fatigue
- Enhances energy levels
- Creates a balanced flow of energy throughout the body
“Because I am so addicted to massage I have experienced a lot of different masseuses but Ameena has been the best so I have decided to make this my regular place for treatment. With Tranquility you get exactly what you bargain for ‘full body massage’ from head-to-toe. The therapist made me feel very calm and relaxed. I would highly recommend it.” -Sandra, Hackney
Let us make you feel calm and relaxed – book your full body massage today!